First thing everyone notices besides our face is our hair, so it is very important for our looks. Why else would anyone spend so muchmoney,time and efforts to find that most suitable hairstyle for ones face? Different hair gives you a different personality. So dont worry about the hair loss you have noticed recently, there is nothing unnatural here. Even if you are losing only the normal amount of hair but want to have thicker hair, you may do so through various remedies for hair growth. So here we have for you 6 (plus one super tip) hair growth remedies with which you can have a good volume of hair without costing you a fortune for clinical treatments!
Home Remedies for Hair Growth
1. Onion juice- smelly but effective remedy for hair growth
Onion does not only give your food taste, but it also makes your hair multiply and grow effectively. Why? Because onion juice has sulphur in it which boosts the production of collagen tissues. These tissues assist in re growth of your hair. You will only need red onions, even shallots would do.
- Take 2 to 4 onions.
- First grate the onions and squeeze the juice out of them.
- With this fresh onion juice,massage your scalp.
- Let it stay on for, preferably one hour. If not, leave it there at least for 15 minutes.
- Then wash off your hair with water and a mild shampoo.
Alternative method for using onion for hair growth
If you are scared of irritation and tears in eyes due to grating of onions while taking out its juice, you can use onions in another way. Heres what you need to do:
- Chop 4-5 onions.
- Take a liter of water and boil it.
- Add the chopped onions into the boiling water.
- Let it boil with the onions inside for another 5-10 minutes.
- Remove it from the stove and let the water cool down.
- Now strain it and use the water to wash your hair after using shampoo.
- Do not rinse your hair with other water that day,if you can stand the smell. Next day shampoo your hair and use clean water to wash it off.
- If you cant stand the smell, at least do not wash off with clean water for an hour. After that shampoo and rinse your hair with clean water.
Onion not only lends your hair with a fabulous sheen but also helps in re growth of hair.
2. Potato Juice- yet another vegetable that helps your hair grow
No, we are not in a vegetable juice shop nor are we cooking food in your kitchen but these vegetables can really do miracles when it comes to hair growth. Same as with onions, you can also use potatoes to grow your hair. In fact, potato juice can even cure thinning of hair due to alopecia. Potatoes are rich in certain vitamins like vitamins C, B and A. Your hair gets brittle and dry,when your body lacks these vitamins. So, you must have those foods that are rich in these vitamins. Using potato juice on hair directly is beneficial also. Take 3-4 potatoes, grate them and squeeze out the juice from it. Massage your scalp with this juice for at least 15 minutes. Rinse it off with water. You can use this potato hair mask, instead of using just the potato juice, if your hair is very dry.
- 3 Potatoes
- Egg yolk- from one egg
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Grate and squeeze out the juice from potatoes.
- Add honey and the egg yolk to this juice.
- Mix well to get the potato hair mask.
- Apply on your scalp and leave it on to do its magic for at least 12 hour.
- Wash off with water and mild shampoo.
The honey and the egg yolk add a good amount of moisture to the potato juice which is beneficial for your dry hair. This hair mask helps in growing hair faster.